Halloween Dog Parade NYC & Dog-Friendly Spots
We attend the 29th Annual Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade with our rescue dog Hudson and watch from start to finish and meet and talk to many of the #halloweencostume contestants and dog winners! After the Parade, we also visit a few dog-friendly spots and small businesses in the East Village, including New York City’s first #dog cafe!
The Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade is the largest dog costume parade in the world and this year was held at the East River Park Amphitheater located along the East River at Grand Street in the Lower East Side on Sunday, October 20th.
Hundreds of dogs in #Halloween costumes attended and thousands of spectators watched as some of the most creative, cutest, conceptual and elaborate costumed pups paraded by. Over a thousand dollars in prize money provided by Petco was bestowed upon the best-dressed dogs. We highlight all the winners including Four Honorable Mentions and Six Top Prizes including Best in Show.
Since this year’s Halloween Dog Parade was not held at its founding place in the East Village because of anticipated attendance, we walk to Tompkins Square Park and go inside its amazing dog run, New York City’s “First Dog Run” located at East 9th Street between Avenue A and Avenue B.
We also visit with our dog Hudson, New York City’s first dog cafe, Boris & Horton, located on Avenue A at the corner of East 12th Street, just down the street from Tompkins Square Park. You can go inside this spacious coffee shop and event space with your dog and enjoy coffee, tea and an vegetarian menu while your dog gets to roam around free and meet other dogs and enjoy dog treats. Hudson had so much fun making new “dog” friends and relaxing inside this unique cafe.
After having a delicious cup of Boris Blend drip and Hudson enjoyed a “ghost” dog treat at Boris & Horton, we walk to Holistic Petcare by Whiskers on East 9th Street by Second Avenue. This shop was founded with the mission to bring the benefits of holistic wellness concepts for pets to the public. We go inside with Hudson and meet and speak with the owner who not only gives advice on which products and course of action can help your pet but also offers a wide selection of unique non-toxic and hypoallergenic, naturally preserved foods, treats and toys.
Hudson of course gets some treats and we also purcahse a box of healthy animal crackers to bring home with us for him to enjoy later.
We would love for you to subscribe to our channel and hit the thumbs up and notification bell and please share if you enjoy the video. We will be posting new videos EVERY WEEK, highlighting small unique businesses in NYC.
SUBSCRIBE TO NEVER MISS AN EPISODE:
To further SUPPORT this channel so we can continue highlighting small unique shops & interesting places in NYC, please send us:
ONE-TIME DONATION via PayPal:
Support OUR CHANNEL on PATREON and GET BONUS PERKS: https://www.patreon.com/JamesandKarla
Hey everyone! We are husband-and-wife architectural/interior photographers based in NYC. We started our video channel to act an artistic intervention to help raise awareness of the importance of small independently-owned businesses and the unique character these shops add to the streets and neighborhoods of New York City.
In our videos we will showcase portraits of storefronts and shop owners in New York City & capture moments of city life that capture the spirit, energy and cultural diversity of individual neighborhoods. We also bring our dog, Hudson along whenever we can.
We made it our mission to thoroughly document unique ‘mom-and-pop’ stores when we began to notice the alarming rate at which they were disappearing. Our critically acclaimed books include “STORE FRONT: The Disappearing Face of New York”, “New York Nights”, “STORE FRONT II- A History Preserved” and “Broken Windows-Graffiti NYC”.
Come see the city & subscribe to our channel 🙂
CONTACT and FOLLOW JAMES AND KARLA:
Email: [email protected]
James & Karla Murray
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- NYC LIVE (Poor connection) Halloween Dog Parade 2021 Best Dog Costumes
- The Best of NYC's Halloween Dog Parade
- Halloween Dog Parade in NYC
- Halloween Dog Parade New York City 2021: Best Dog Costumes at Tompkins Square Park Annual Event
- [4K]🇺🇸NYC Autumn Walk🗽Halloween Dog Costume Parade, 🍂Sweater Weather, ☕️OST Cafe | Oct 2021
- 'Ruff' Competition In Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade
- Halloween Dog Parade
- Recreating HALLOWEEN Candy for Dogs that they can eat! (DIY Dog friendly halloween treats)
- NYC Haunted Houses: Here's Where to See the Best Halloween Decorations | NBC New York
- NES SCHOOL HALLOWEEN PARADE 10-31-17
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party At Disney World! | NEW Fireworks Show, Parade Floats & Treats
- Frightfully Fun Parade at Oogie Boogie Bash 2021 – Disney California Adventure Halloween Party
- Supercar Baby Rikki vs Friendly Ghost | Halloween Kids Party Songs & Rhymes
- Mickey's Boo-To-You Halloween Parade 2019 | Walt Disney World
- Frightfully Fun Parade at Mickey's Halloween Party, Disneyland with Villains, Jack & Sally, Mickey
Last update 2021-09-03. Price and product availability may change.